Classical concerts at the emperor's former residence
The Vienna Hofburg Orchestra presents classical concerts by Johann Strauss and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart featuring international vocal solo artists in Vienna’s most beautiful concert halls. Vienna is considered the world city of music. Especially the music of the Strauss dynasty and the Vienna Waltz in particular, has shaped and enchanted Vienna since the 19th century.
Founding of the Vienna Hofburg Orchestra
In 1971 the best musicians from all large orchestral societies in Vienna close ranks and formed the Vienna Hofburg Orchestra under the direction of the conductor Gert Hofbauer. Their goal is to cultivate Viennese waltz and operetta music and carry it into the world. Regional and international radio and television productions, international engagements at symphonic concerts, as well as various recordings have spread the orchestra’s fame and popularity.
The Vienna Hofburg-Orchestra concerts start 20:30 and take place at the magnificient halls of the Vienna Hofburg, but also at the Vienna Konzerthaus and the Musikverein.
|Category A||65.00 €|
|Category B||45.00 €|
All prices are total prices, including all taxes and statutory fees. We do not add any booking fees or shipping charges.
The program includes the most popular waltz and operetta pieces by Johann Strauss, Emmerich Kalman, and Franz Lehar, as well as opera aries and duets by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The Vienna Hofburg Orchestra is composed of 36 professional orchestra musicians and 6 international vocal soloists.
- Johann Strauss "Kaiserwalzer" (Emperor Waltz)
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart "Nun vergiß‘ leises Flehen" / "The Marriage of Figaro"
- Johann Strauss "Frühlingsstimmen Walzer" (Voices of Spring)
- Gaetano Donizetti "Der Liebestrank" (Elixir of Love) "Nemorino’s arie"
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart "Sagt holde Frauen" / "The Marriage of Figaro"
- Johann Strauss "Grüß‘ Dich Gott" / "Vienna Blood"
- Johann Strauss "Vergnügungszug" (Pleasure Train)
- Franz Lehar "Lippen schweigen" (Lips are Silent) Duet from "The Merry Widow"
- Johann Strauss"Ich lade gern mir Gäste ein" (I Always Feel Beholden) / "Die Fledermaus"
- Johann Strauss "Im Krapfenwaldl" - Polka
- Johann Strauss Duet from "Vienna Blood"
- Johann Strauss "Tritsch-Tratsch" - Polka
- Johann Strauss "Mein Herr Marquis" (My Dear Marquis) / "Fledermaus"
- Josef Strauss "Feuerfest" - Polka française
- Wolfgang Amadeus "Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen" (A girl or a woman) / "The Magic Flute"
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart "Papageno - Papagena"
- Johann Strauss "Brüderlein - Schwesterlein" (Brother Mine, Sister Mine) / "Die Fledermaus"
- Johann Strauss "The Blue Danube" / "The Danube Waltz"
- Johann Strauss "Radetzky March"
Experience one of Vienna's best orchestras at one of Vienna's most imperial locations!Buy tickets now